Tuesday, November, 27 2012
MOD- Back Squat
5 x @65% of 1RM
5 x @75%
5 x @85%
WOD- 10 Min AMRAP
-3 Thrusters 135/95
-25 Double Unders
5 Reasons Why You Should Try CrossFit
1) It’s Fun- CrossFit workouts, called WODs, are constantly varied and include combinations of aerobic exercise, strength training and gymnastics. WODs are short, intense and best of all—fun. After you’ve recovered from the shock and awe of what you’ve just accomplished, you realize how enjoyable it was. If you don’t trust me, ask anyone you know who does CrossFit if it’s fun
2) You’ll Get Fitter, Faster– it is based on constantly varied, high-intensity interval training (HIIT), which means you get more physiological benefits in less time compared doing one type of exercise at a low or moderate intensity, like going on a 5-6 mile jog 5 days a week. Research shows that interval training (higher efforts combined with active rest) is more effective than low or moderate intensity workouts for boosting your metabolism and transforming your body from flab to fab. And because muscles continually adapt to an exercise load, switching up what you do is key to keep gaining additional fitness benefits.
But don’t let the word “intense” scare you: WODs are scaled to your current conditioning so you’ll be just fine from Day 1.
3) There’s beauty in strength (Strong is the New Skinny!) If you’ve ever seen women who are consistent with CrossFit training, you’ll say, I want THAT. CrossFit is one of the best ways to go from flab to fab. Unlike other exercise programs designed to get you pin-thin, CrossFit is designed to help you create a beautiful, lean physique that not only looks great but also allows you to do things you never thought you could. You’ll have strength to do lots of pull-ups and push-ups, stamina to run for miles as well as better balance, agility and coordination. You’ll feel confident about yourself and how strong and fit you feel. If you do CrossFit and eat right you’ll lose fat and get stronger at the same time.
4) You’ll Gain a New Social Network-Cross fit is often referred to as a cult because Cross Fitters are close-knit and they often socialize together. CrossFit boxes are as much about community as they are a place to workout. You will never have to workout alone again. Egos are checked at the door; everyone is supportive on each other and will help you reach your personal goals. The other great thing is that no matter where you are in the world, you’ll be welcome at other CrossFit facilities.To find a local box in your area, use this CrossFit locator. People are passionate about this for a reason, it’s up to you to find out what that is.
5) CrossFit is Life Changing- The results you see from Crossfit transfer over to other aspects of life. The confidence that it delivers will allow you to perform activities you never thought possible. Not only will you feel better physically, but most people notice changes in their performance at work, at home, and in their relationships.